dimanche 1er février 2009, par
THE ONLY FRENCH SCHOOL IN CENTRAL ASIA
ONE OF THE 450 FRENCH SCHOOL AROUND THE WORLD PROVIDING
HIGH PERFORMANCE EDUCATION IN FRENCH, FROM 3-YEARS-OLD To UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE
COMPULSORY ENGLISH COURSES & A UNIQUE CHOICE OF LINGUISTIC OPTIONS : ARABIC, RUSSIAN & SPANISH
20 TEACHERS FOR A 100 STUDENTS FROM 15 DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES
• The school is open to all : French citizens and French-speaking foreigners but also to non French-speaking foreigners and Uzbeks, who start school at the kindergarden level.
• A French education given by degreed and trained lead French teachers from the French Ministry of Education.
• A French education strictly following the programs from the French ministry of Education : since 2001, the kindergarden and elementary school are under contract with the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE)
• The secondary/high school works with the National Center for Distance Learning (CNED), which guarantees the recognition of diplomas.
• At the end of ‘Collège’, students take a first diploma, the Brevet or DNB, which allows the best to pursue their studies in the Lycée.
• At the end of ‘Lycée’, students take the University entrance diploma, the Baccalauréat, Scientific Option.
• The French ‘Baccalauréat’ : a globally recognized university entrance diploma giving access to any university in France, Europe and many other countries around the world.
• An excellent teacher-to-students ratio of 1 for 5.
• All learning materials are received from France : from games to textbooks. All year-round examinations are evaluated by France-based teachers, via the CNED, so that Tashkent students are evaluated with the same criteria and rigour as students in France.
• Each class is provided with computers and Internet access.
• We teach 11 subjects : French, Maths, Physics-Chemistry, Biology-Geology, History-Geography, Sports, Music, Arts, English, Arabic/Russian/Spanish, Technology-Computer science.
• Original extra-school projects : the publication of a joint textbook on comparative French-Uzbek history for elementary school grades ; an archeological field search in cooperation with the French Institute for Central Asian Studies ; school exchanges with schools in France… And artistic projects : theater plays, ceramics, paintings...
• The school buildings total up 1220sq.m. on a 3200sq.m. area with a garden and basketball playground. The initial building was totally renovated and antisismic security improved. A second building was built to host a gymnasium, a library and lunch room. And soon a movie theater.
• The team includes :
1 Director & elementary school teacher,
5 French teachers from the French Ministry for Education,
1 ‘AGIR’ French teacher,
13 national teachers,
1 distance-learning (CNED) coordinator,
2 Admin assistants,
7 Service employees.
The French Educational System
& Enrollment in 2008
3 Small group
4 Medium group
5 Higher group
6 Preparational grade
7 Elementary grade 1
8 Elementary grade 2
9 Middle grade 1
10 Middle grade 2
11 Sixth grade
12 Fifth grade
13 Fourth grade
14 Third grade
« LYCEE »
15 Second grade
16 First grade
17 Final grade
Yearly Tuition 2008-2009 :
Kindergarden : $5500
Elementary and secondary schools : $6500
$300 upon first enrollment per child.
Yearly CNED extra-fee for ‘Collège’ is : $220
Yearly CNED extra-fee for ‘Lycée’ is : $380
Lunch tickets are 2500 sums/day.
School Day :
Maternelle & Primaire :
Monday – Friday from 8:20a.m. to 3:00p.m.,
Wednesday 8:20a.m. to 12:00a.m.
Extra-curricular activities : 3:15 to 4:00p.m.
Collège & Lycée :
Monday – Friday from 8:20a.m. to 4:30p.m.,
Wednesday 8:20a.m. to 12:00a.m.
School Year :
36 weeks, from September through June, alternating 7 school weeks and 1 or 2 holiday weeks.
A private school funded by parents : Tuition is 90% of the budget.
The French School is managed by a Board comity, composed of 6 members, elected among the parents for a two-year period. The Board works in close cooperation with the School Director and with the French Embassy, acting as the AEFE representative.